ETN CPD - Farriers Answers January 2016
1. What is the common name used for the fungal infection Onychomycosis
A) Crumbly foot syndrome
B) Chalky sole
C) White line disease
2. When a horse is diagnosed with Canker, which part of the foot is most commonly affected?
A) Coronary Band
C) Heel bulbs
3. Which profession has traditionally been tasked with the care and well being of the horse’s hoof?
4. When should the professional farrier assess the horse prior to starting any shoeing?
A) At every visit
B) When they have time to do so
C) Only when asked to
5. For the best outcome, when a poor performance issue arises in their horse who should owners contact?
A) Their best horse riding friend
B) Their "home team" of vet, farrier, physio, saddler etc
C) The Internet
6. As a basic rule and on top of daily foot cleanliness, how many times a week should all the feet be picked out, washed, dried and topically treated to ensure the best chance of healthy feet.
7. When deciding which products would be best for their horse and its feet, from whom should owners seek advice?
A) Vet and farrier
B) Someone who has had a similar issue
C) A neighbour
8. In the Canker case, what type of bandage is used to prevent blood loss during the debridement procedure to remove all affected tissue?
A) Bismarck bandage
B) Esmarch bandage
C) Unicorn bandage
*Please confirm you have not completed / will not complete the CPD postal form in ETN magazine. Answers to CPD features can only be submitted once