As of 26 May 2012, the UK government requires businesses and organisations running websites in the UK to get implied consent from visitors to their websites in order to store cookies on users' computers. When someone visits our website we collect visitor statistics using Google Analytics which places four cookies on your computer. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site and how we can improve it. This information is collected in a way, which does not personally identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, work more efficiently, or enhance user experience as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work.
|Essential site cookie||PHPSESSID||This cookie is essential for the website
and is set upon your arrival to the site.
This cookie is deleted when you close
|These cookies are used to collect information
how visitors use our site. We use the
information to compile reports and to
improve the site. The cookies collect
information in an anonymous form,
the number of visitors to the site, where
vistors have come to the
site from and the
pages they visited.
|Click here for an
|Site cookie acceptance||civicAllowCookies||This cookie is used to signal your
cookies (prevents the
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies - remember that if you turn off cookies these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
• Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
• Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
• Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
• Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
• Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/ Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
• Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
• Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.